The original St. Patrick's tennis courts were built adjacent to the current location, which now sits under the St. Patrick's primary school basketball court.
The current courts were built by AV Jennings as part of a new concept of a planned development incorporating shops housing and sporting areas. The estate was built in 1934 and the original estate and tennis courts are heritage listing by the national trust Hermès number 70172.
The Catholic archdiocese brought the tennis courts from Caulfield council in 1955 and St Patrick’s Tennis Club Murrumbeena moved in.
St. Patrick’s Murrumbeena Tennis Club has been offering tennis for over 90 years to the local community. We offer many opportunities for competitions and coaching to the local community, as well as social events throughout the year.
We believe that currently St. Patrick’s Tennis Club has the one of the largest membership base in the City of Glen Eira. We believe this is due to the synthetic grass courts, lights, and the friendly culture that St. Patricks’ represents.